Sector diagnostics and strategies
To promote competitive and sustainable sectors, a coordinated approach of complementary strategies is needed. However, reality can be complex to understand. To overcome this challenge, Aidenvironment and partners developed a model to unpack the sector context in clear and distinctive components. It guides sector diagnostics and the development of sector transformation strategies. The model comprises three spaces and nine interdependent components:
• Landscapes: production system, ecosystems and local communities
• Markets: producer organization, value chains and services provision
• Governance: policies and regulations, sector-wide investments, dialogue and coordination.
Sustainable Sector Transformation Framework by AidEnvironment
Our sector diagnostics supports creation of a shared understanding and language. This provides an excellent basis forformulatinga vision for the sector and transformation strategies for individual organizations and partnerships.
- An Introduction to Sector Transformation
- An Introduction to Sector Governance
- Guiding Seed Sector Transformation in Ethiopia
- A Systems Approach to support the transition from Aid to Inclusive Aid and Trade
- A diagnostic of the Tanzanian pulses sector
- Solidaridad’s Proposition in the Dairy Sector
- Inclusive Trade Scan for Businesses, NGOs, Governments, and Donors