AidEnvironment is looking for a new Supervisory Board member
AidEnvironment is looking for a new member of their Supervisory Board as the term of one of the Supervisory Board members expires.
AidEnvironment is a not-for-profit sustainability research, strategy and advisory organization that combines data, cutting-edge technology, systemic thinking and boots on the ground understanding to achieve transformative sector change. We produce actionable insights and implement sustainable solutions for NGOs, governments, finance institutions and businesses, with a goal to help protect and restore ecosystems and improve livelihoods
We focus on the following themes:
- Integrated Landscape and Water Management
- Deforestation and exploitation Free Supply Chains
- Sustainable Sector Transformation
AidEnvironment works internationally and has offices in three countries and a team of 50 experts. We earn an income through a mix of consultancy assignments, implementation of projects and grants.
On our offices:
- Amsterdam, the Netherlands → the organization was founded in 1988 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Currently 20 people are employed working on international assignments in the three thematic areas. The team works with private foundations to stop climate change such as IKEA Foundation and Good Energies Foundation, as well as implements short term consultancy assignments for civil society organizations and the private sector to evaluate programs and provide technical advice.
- Jakarta and Ketapang, Indonesia → A local foundation was established, which currently employs about 15 people. Our work in Indonesia focuses on deforestation and exploitation issues in the palm oil and pulp and paper sector in Southeast Asia. We work with private sector companies as well as private foundations such as the David and Lucile Packard Foundation.
- Kampala, Gulu and Kapchorwa Uganda → In 2018 AidEnvironment opened a representative office in Uganda focusing on sustainable water and land use in East Africa. While in 2019 a small team of 4 people was employed, currently there are 12 staff members. The team has ambitions to grow their portfolio of clients and funders, especially to provide solutions around changes in land use.
- We have a presence in Ethiopia, India and the Philippines → where small teams of our experts work through satellite offices
Governance structure of AidEnvironment
The Foundation AidEnvironment is registered in Amsterdam. The management of AidEnvironment is entrusted to the Management Board which consists of one General Director. The General Director is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and has the final responsibility for strategic leadership, oversight, and management of the entire organization. The following link provides information on the current Supervisory Board members. The country representatives report directly to the General Director of Foundation AidEnvironment on the operations and management of the Asia and East Africa office.
The Supervisory Board supervises the policy pursued by the Managing Board, the Managing Board’s performance of its managerial duties and the company’s general course of affairs. The Supervisory Board supervises the policy and the general course of affairs of AidEnvironment and advises the Management Board. The Supervisory Board also appoints the General Director. The Supervisory Board meets 4-5 times a year. Online meetings have become frequent since the Covid-19 pandemic. Members of the Supervisory Board receive an expense allowance per attended meeting.
The Supervisory Board of AidEnvironment consists of four members. Members of the Supervisory Board are independent and take account of the interests of all stakeholders of the organization. Members are appointed for a period of four years and may then be reappointed once for a period of four years. One member is about to end the term and will be replaced in the second quarter of 2023.
General profile of Supervisory Board members:
- Demonstrating administrative and supervisory qualities and experience,
- Committing to the objectives and goals of AidEnvironment,
- Having access to relevant professional networks to help improve and meet goals,
- Fulfilling a role as advisor and sounding board to the Management Board,
- Guaranteeing effective supervision of Management Board,
- Team player who conduct duties with integrity, openness, and independence,
- Having enough time to fulfil his or her duties within the Supervisory Board.
Profile new Supervisory Board Member
Given the current composition of the Supervisory Board there is a preference for a member with experience in being a supervisory board member. In addition, the new Supervisory Board member has experience in at least some of the following areas:
- Proven knowledge of/ affinity with the areas in which AidEnvironment is working
- Experience with an international setting, preferably in regions outside of Europe where AidEnvironment is working (India, Southeast Asia, East Africa, South America)
- Understanding HR in an international (not for profit) organization
For more information, please contact Paul van Ruiten and/or Annemieke Beekmans:
Paul van Ruiten , Chair of the Supervisory Board,
Annemieke Beekmans, General Director AidEnvironment,
Please send your application by April 15th to email@example.com